Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Department is a full fledge Department saddled with the responsibilities of providing Information Technology services to the Scheme. It is a pivotal point in which the scheme revolves.
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
The Department's Vision and Mission Statements are as follows:
- VISION STATEMENT:
- MISSION STATEMENT:
To transform the NYSC into modern technology-driven organisation.
To bring about exponential increase in productivity and efficiency to all facets of operations of the NYSC through innovative technology tools.
DEPARTMENTAL DIVISIONS AND BRANCHES:
The Department is headed by a Director, and has the following Divisions and Branches
- Divisions headed by Deputy Directors: The following are Divisions headed by Deputy Directors:
- Hardware/Software Development (HSD)
- Data Management Services (DMS)
- E-GOVERNMENT (eGOV)
- Hardware Development Support
- Software Development Support
- Application Support
- Data Control
- IT Project Management
- Organisation Development Service
- User Support and Services
FUNCTIONS OF ICT DEPARTMENT
The functions of the Department include among others:
- Enforces standards and procedures pertaining to the administration
- Champions the use of ICT in the Scheme, with a view to providing better services in management of Software systems in the Scheme in respect of software and coordination.
- Participates in the training of staff in the use of infrastructure systems and the upgrading of technical staff and technicians at all levels
- Sets direction and plans for the ICT infrastructure of the Scheme
- Undertakes forward planning and feasibility studies pertaining to the development and implementation of software solutions.
- Focuses on the development, implementation and maintenance of software applications that affect the needs of different Departments in the Scheme and the Corps Members in general
- Develops appropriate networks between various Departments and different spatially spread out administrative hierarchies through well designed database management system.
- Maintains a robust Virtual Private Network (VPN) linking all the Scheme’s formations using internet cloud. This will improve data communication, enhanced messaging system as well as provide Voice over Internet (VOIP).
- Processes corps data and assists in the deployment of corps members to all states.
- Prints call-up letters for prospective corps members who do not pay online.
- Maintains corps database and other enduring records of the Scheme
- Co-ordinates NYSC Online Integrated system.
- Trains all NYSC staff nationwide on basic ICT skills. The dept is working in collaboration with the HRM Department to carry out the training
- Migrates all NDHQ Departments activities to NYSC Online Integrated platform.
- Administration of NYSC Email Server (@nysc.gov.ng).
- Audits all NDHQ computer systems for routine maintenance
- Maintains and updates NYSC official website www.nysc.gov.ng
- Creates and Maintains NYSC social media. The existing ones are:
WhatsApp Auto Response: https://wa.me/+2349010008301
- Develops, maintains and updates NYSC Mobile App: the NYSC Mobile Application is downloadable across Android, iOs, Windows and Blackberry 10 stores and can be accessed via: www.nyscmobile.org
Telegram Auto Response: "https://t.me/officialnysc_ng
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/official_nysc
COMPANIES PARTNERING WITH ICT DEPARTMENT
The following are companies partnering with ICT Department:
- SIDMACH Technologies Nig Ltd – Provision of NYSC integrated online solution under the Public Private Partnership (PPP) in collaboration with NYSC.
- Joint Komputer Kompany (JKK) Ltd – Maintenance of hardware systems
- Gulf Technologies Network Ltd – Internet service provider
- Tinitop Technologies Ltd – Hosting of NYSC website. (www.nysc.gov.ng).